Make an Impact: Serve on City of Austin Boards & Commissions
The voice of architects is key in shaping Austin’s future. Our members must think beyond buildings and apply their skills to better our community.
Serving on one of the City of Austin’s Boards & Commissions (B&Cs) is an important way to speak up! There will be many vacancies in the coming year and we encourage you to join one that speaks to your passion. Many AIA Members have served in this capacity – we can connect you with them if you’d like an insider’s view.
Interested? Here’s what to do next:
- Email Meredith Bossin with your name, council district, and the B&Cs you’d like to join.
- Submit an application to the City Clerk’s office here. You can apply for multiple B&Cs within the same application. All B&C members are appointed by the mayor and city council. You must submit to be considered for an appointment.
Priority Boards & Commissions
Each Board & Commission has a website with its stated purpose, meeting agendas, and current roster. You can find them here (scroll down to the commissions listing to find individual sites).
- African American Resource Advisory Committee
- Anti-Displacement Task Force
- Asian American Quality of Life Advisory Committee
- Board of Adjustment
- Bond Oversight Committee
- Building & Standards Commission
- Codes & Ordinances Joint Committee
- Commission for Women
- Design Commission
- Downtown Commission
- Economic Prosperity Commission
- Environmental Commission
- Hispanic/Latino Quality of Life Resource Advisory Commission
- Historic Landmark Commission
- Joint Sustainability Committee
- LGBTQ Quality of Life Advisory Commission
- Mexican American Cultural Center Advisory Board
- Planning Commission
- Small Area Planning Joint Committee
- Zoning & Platting Commission
- South Central Waterfront Advisory Board
Please reach out to Meredith Bossin with any questions.
Thank you for considering this opportunity!