801 W. 12th St.
Austin, TX 78701
Phone 512 452 4332
Currently operating (in-person + remote)
AIA Austin staff in the office:
M/ Tu/Th 8:30am-6pm
AIA Austin staff working remotely:
POSITION: Development Coordinator
STATUS: Full-time | Exempt
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
AIA Austin, a 501(c)(6) professional association, is the Austin Chapter of the American Institute of Architects, serving over 1,200 architect members and 250 Allied Members. AIA Austin is the voice for our region’s architecture community. We advocate for our members, the profession, career development, and design excellence. We influence public opinion and policies that shape our built and natural environment.
The Austin Foundation for Architecture (AFA) is the nonprofit 501c3 partner of AIA Austin. AFA recognizes, celebrates, and promotes the positive impact of architecture for all Austinites. Our mission is to increase public awareness and appreciation of Austin’s built environment, and to promote design excellence by fostering leadership within the professional community.
For several years, AFA and AIA Austin have imagined a center for architecture and design located in Austin. This physical and virtual hub will cultivate public appreciation for architecture and design and its effect on the human experience through a variety of public programming. The two organizations have a shared staff model.
ABOUT THE POSITION
AIA Austin and Austin Foundation for Architecture (AFA) is hiring a full-time Development Coordinator to support the development efforts of these partner entities. The Development Coordinator will execute elements of the annual fundraising plan including gift processing, managing the donor database system, assisting with donor and sponsor cultivation and stewardship, and providing support for organizational events. This position reports to the Director of Development (DOD).
HOW TO APPLY: For confidential consideration, please email a resume and cover letter with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please. Applicants whose candidacy is being considered will be contacted. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
START DATE: As early as August 15, 2023
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct data entry and updates, including input of pledges and payments, execution of invoices, receipts, and any additional donor acknowledgment
• Maintain accurate records of prospect lists, current and past donors, current and past corporate sponsors and foundations, and current AIA Austin members and sponsors
• Manage gift analysis and entry procedure, and process gifts in a timely manner
• Serve as the point of contact for development and finance monthly reconciliation
• Assist in generating lists, performing mail merges, and sending/producing mailings
• Update and maintain AFA email platform, performing merges post programs and events
Donor and Sponsor Engagement
• Assist DOD in all cultivation activities and initiatives including coordination of mailings, solicitation packages, and appropriate donor contact and follow-up communications related to fundraising
• Assist DOD in managing sponsorships for both AIA Austin and AFA programs and events including asks, follow up, payment tracking, benefits tracking, receipts, and thanking
• Assist DOD in coordinating development committee meetings and communications, as well as fundraising communications for all board meetings
• Research donors and prospects and conduct donor analysis when necessary
• Coordinates preparation and mailing of invitations, and letters, including committee solicitations, underwriting solicitations, save the date, and invitation mailings
• Maintain accurate donor records, contact notes, and correspondence utilizing Little Green Light
• Project manage the grant calendar effectively to ensure that all grants and reports are submitted on time
• Assist the Director of Development with grant proposals and management of grants through the full grant cycle from application to final report
• Compose and prepare proposals and supporting materials.
• Perform research to help build a pipeline for grant development and increase the competitiveness of grant requests
• Assist Director of Events and Programs with the coordination of budgets, seating charts, venue set-up and break-down, timeline, audio-visual, guest registration, deliveries, catering, vendors, off-site venue details, and follow up
• Serve as the in-house manager for AFA events: reserving event space, procuring in-kind donations when possible, arranging food and beverage, arranging for audio-visual equipment, event signage, and appropriate décor (furniture, florals, linens, etc.)
• Proactively handle any issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems prior to and day of the event including fielding calls from ticket holders and vendors
• Assist with coordination / organization of all in-kind donations and auction items
• Coordinate and serve as liaison for any additional staffing and volunteers required for events and programs
• Provides support for the development special events department in the planning, administration and implementation of fundraising and donor related events
• Maintains meticulous records and spreadsheets to track reservations, event details, and guest lists to ensure all records are consistently up to date and accurate
• Serve as staff liaison providing general administrative support for 2-5 AIA Austin committees (e.g. coordinating meetings both in person and virtually, facilitating communications including public emails, and assisting with supply and vendor coordination as needed)
• Provide general administrative support for meetings (e.g., note taking, presentations, agendas, narrative reports, etc.)
• Provide outstanding service to Members, Allied Members, and visitors; this includes answering basic questions about benefits and value of AIA membership, services, and programs
Other duties that may arise from time to time in support of the mission.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational capabilities.
• Solid project management skills with the ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong knowledge of Google Workspace and MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Constant Contact.
• Ability to manage and analyze data and to create reports based on data.
• Ability to learn new tools and software quickly.
• Motivated team player, self-starter, interested in personal and professional growth.
• Commitment to maintain confidentiality of sensitive donor and stakeholder information.
• Excellent customer service including the ability to interact with donors, AIA members, stakeholders, and colleagues confidently and diplomatically.
• Passion for the mission, vision, and values of AIA Austin and AFA.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree
• 2-3 Years of experience in nonprofit development/fundraising or a related field that the candidate can demonstrate utilized the skills necessary for this position.
• At least 1 year experience with database management
• Experience with Little Green Light (CRM)
WORKING CONDITIONS: (PHYSICAL DEMANDS, TRAVEL, HOURS, AND ENVIRONMENT)
• This is a full-time exempt position with benefits.
• Characterized as primarily sedentary work requiring exertion up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, or otherwise move objects.
• Most duties will be performed in a traditional office environment.
• All candidates must be based in the Austin area.
• Office hours are 8:30AM to 6PM Monday – Thursday, and 8:30AM to noon on Fridays. AIA Austin is currently operating on a hybrid schedule; in-office on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. The operating model is subject to change based on the needs of the organization.
• Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
• The position is not likely to require travel outside the greater Austin area.
BENEFITS: AIA Austin offers generous benefits including 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; employer paid life insurance and long-term disability; up to 3% employer match towards retirement plan; 9 paid holidays + office closure between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day; 10 days of PTO and increased time off after 5 years of employment.
Reports to: Director of Development (DOD)
Supervises (if any): N/A
Peer collaboration/communicates with (internal, external): Development consultants, donors, corporate sponsors, AIA Austin membership
AIA Austin is an equal opportunity employer in all positions, programs and services without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.