Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek Architects (BGK Architects)
Since our founding in 1985, our purpose remains to create exceptional work for clients and to make a positive impact within the communities we serve. Our expertise includes civic and cultural buildings, academic and student life facilities, commercial and workplace environments, and urban and campus planning.
The values that guide us are:
Client First + Integrity Always + Meaningful Work + Enjoy the Process
In the role of Technical Coordinator, you will oversee technical quality of all work to ensure alignment and accuracy of work with project scope, design, budget, client goals, code, and industry standards including:
- Oversee the Quality Assurance/Quality Control review process on projects
- Resolve complex technical/design issues and provide guidance to team and consultants
- Provide final review for code compliance
- Collaboration with designers, project managers, and other team members on multiple projects
- Develop specifications and/or coordinate with specification writer
- Support construction administration duties including review of shop drawings, material samples, and submittals for conformance with design
- Supervision, support, and mentoring of junior staff
- Candidates must be based in Austin, TX
- Professional degree in architecture
- Licensed Architect
- Extensive Revit knowledge and experience
- Approximately 8+ years of professional experience with all phases of design/construction
- Advanced knowledge of Building Codes
- Expert in construction methodology, building and engineering systems, codes, materials, specifications, etc.
- Knowledge of industry standards and resources
- Knowledge of local permitting requirements and procedures
- Detail oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- A collaborative and professional work ethic
Competitive salary and benefits.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and portfolio with subject line “AIA Technical Coordinator – Your Name” in the subject line to Valerie Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.