Marmon Mok Architecture
Marmon Mok Architecture, a leading Texas architectural practice, seeks talented individuals for both our Austin and San Antonio offices. The preferred candidate(s) will have demonstrated architectural experience and be passionate about elevating people and communities through the thoughtful, beautiful, and impactful design of buildings!
Accomplished Architect, full-time, with 15 years plus of experience or more, for key PA or PM role . Experience with commercial, municipal, and/or healthcare projects strongly preferred. This role is primarily in-office, with a limited ability to work from home per company policy.
This position requires:
- Strong understanding of construction documentation, AE industry drawing conventions and standards, building codes, building systems, building technology, and delivery methods
- An ability to work in a team environment with consultants and maintain client communications and expectations, taking responsibility for the complete integration of design and technical aspects of a project.
- An understanding of contract documents, fees, and agreements
- Ability and desire to manage and lead a team
- Experience working on projects with construction budgets between $10M – $100M preferred
- Strong understanding of building codes and regulations
- Architectural registration required; LEED AP preferred.
- Experience working at full-service commercial architecture firms
- An understanding of the local/regional AEC ecosystem (consultants & GC’s) preferred
- Experience with the City of Austin permitting process is preferred
Organize and lead preparation of drawings for schematic design, design development, and contract documents.
Supervise architectural and design staff in preparation of relevant documents, including providing guidance, redline reviews, an emphasis will be on the knowledge of building code and systems and ability to develop documents in Revit for the preparation of documents, including pricing and bidding packages, client presentations, and construction documents.
Work with other team members to translate the design intent into the contract documents
Communicate with other Marmon Mok team members including specification writers to identify appropriate building systems and incorporate the requirements in the technical documentation.
Assist with or have direct responsibility for reviewing and translating client design criteria, standards and project requirements from document preparation through installation.
Be responsible for the complete integration of design and technical aspects of the project.
Apply knowledge and experience in services during Bidding and Construction Administration.
- Architecture degree and license required (Texas preferred)
- LEED AP a plus
- 15 or more years of experience
- Can lead and manage a project team
- Knowledge of project design process, programming, construction documentation, codes, and administration
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, professional, proactive, understands sense of urgency
- Collaborative and professional team leader
- Design and detail oriented
- Revit and AutoCAD fluency required
- Teams/Bluebeam familiarity, experienced with collaboration tools
- InDesign, Word, Excel, SketchUp
Additional Skills (Preferred, not required):
- Experience with permitting in the City of Austin a plus
- Familiarity with energy-modeling tools a plus
Marmon Mok is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Competitive salary and benefits package, plus a positive and empowering team-oriented culture.