Marmon Mok Architecture
Austin TX or San Antonio TX
Marmon Mok Architecture, a leading Texas architectural practice, seeks talented individuals for both our Austin and San Antonio offices. The preferred candidate(s) will have demonstrated architectural experience and be passionate about elevating people and communities through the thoughtful, beautiful, and impactful design of buildings!
Specification Writer and/or Architect, full-time, with 15 years plus of experience or more, for key specification writing role . Experience with commercial, municipal, and/or healthcare projects strongly preferred. This role is primarily in-office, with a limited ability to work from home per company policy.
This position requires:
- Strong understanding of architectural specifications, construction documentation, AE industry drawing conventions and standards, building codes, building systems, building technology, and delivery methods
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Architectural Specifications.
- Strong writing skills to clarify the design’s intent with technical language.
- Good communicator and willing collaborator with the design team.
- Knowledge of local building codes and their impact on product selection.
- Familiarity with the CSI MasterFormat numbering format
- Familiarity with the SpecLink editing program.
- Willingness to learn (or familiarity with) other specification writing programs such as SpecsIntact.
- Knowledge of LEED/ sustainable design and their impact on specifications.
- Proactive, organized, works with a sense of urgency
- Revit and AutoCAD familiarity
- Teams/Bluebeam familiarity
- Microsoft Word
- Architecture degree and license a plus
- LEED AP a plus
- Organize and lead preparation of architectural specifications for major municipal, commercial, sports, and healthcare projects
- Work with other team members to translate the design intent into the specifications
- Assist with or have direct responsibility for reviewing and translating client design criteria, standards and project requirements into specifications
- Apply knowledge and experience in services during Bidding and Construction Administration.
Marmon Mok is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Competitive salary and benefits package, plus a positive and empowering team-oriented culture.