Our Austin Studio is seeking a dynamic Project Manager for our Education team!
As a Project Manager on the Perkins&Will team, you will:
- Understand and consistently execute all aspects of the design process and project complexities to proactively contribute to the overall success of the team while adhering to firm and project goals and standards of excellence in design, execution, and living design.
- Full responsibility for managing all aspects of projects to ensure efficient execution within scope and budget.
- Manage project teams, fostering collaboration, demonstrates strong and effective communication and direction which inspires high team performance, design ideas and successful project delivery.
- Participate in developing and validating project scope and fee, budget and scope of services during the marketing and contract development process.
- Provide complete and timely communication of project information to and from clients and project team.
- Responsible for managing project using the Deltek Project Management system; completes work plans in Deltek; including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees and costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project.
- Work with Project Architect to avoid or eliminate conflicts in schedule due to the changes in various projects.
- Provide on-going communication through team meetings/minutes/up-date memos to project team.
- Communicate with clients, consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure effective communication.
- Monitor construction administration during the construction phase
- Understand and respond to technical implications and design decisions.
- Participate in marketing opportunities and develop successful client relationships for continuing business.
- Consider risk management by monitoring client issues and technical issues in a timely manner to minimize liability.
- Review work for accuracy, omissions, legibility, and for document compliance in accordance with the Project Delivery Manual.
- Coordinate staffing resources with Operations Director.
- Mentors staff.
To join us, you should have:
- A professional degree in Architecture, Design, or related discipline
- 10+ years of related experience
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; including Revit
- LEED GA or AP accreditation within 6 months of hire
- Licensure required