Urban Foundry Architecture
David Carroll, AIA
Urban Foundry Architecture is an ambitious Austin-based design firm focused on urban architecture and interiors. We’re experiencing strong growth in one of the fastest growing and most dynamic cities in America. We offer driven, creative designers and architects the opportunity to propel their careers forward by working on wildly diverse projects and providing opportunity for greater responsibility than larger firms. We are looking towards the rest of 2023 with excitement over a number of marquee architectural projects. We are seeking a talented, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and experienced Project Architect / Project Manager to join us as we continue to grow, with opportunity for future partnership. Urban Foundry’s primary focus is urban architecture, and we have a solid history of providing great design for our clients and are looking for the right people to help us strive toward our mission of Great Design in Urban Places and our vision for growth and expertise.
The selected Candidate will:
- Oversee the management and success of all aspects of a project, from design through construction.
- Manage a team in a collaborative environment on larger project teams.
- Design and develop construction documents for almost all project types.
- Oversee Architect’s responsibilities during Permitting and Construction to help ensure project quality and success.
- Coordinate directly with Urban Foundry’s Interior Design Studio.
- Mentor younger professionals to grow their careers.
- Have the opportunity and flexibility to choose diverse paths for professional development with creative, experienced, and FRIENDLY firm leadership.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Licensure in Texas (LEED Accreditation is a bonus)
- Excellent communication skills both with clients and younger staff
- Experience in Revit, BIM360, and AutoCAD (Lumion & Enscape is a plus)
- Strong ability producing Contract Documents
- Hand-drawing, SketchUp, Adobe, & Bluebeam skills are strongly desired
- Experience with both Multi-family & Commercial projects
What We Offer:
- A signing bonus for ideal candidates
- Work from home options
- 10 paid holidays a year
- Emphasis on work/life balance includes hybrid work schedule and half day Fridays
- Paid health insurance coverage
- Company 401K Plans
- Paid time off for Health and Wellness days, in addition to sick time
- Paid time off for Professional Development, including conference reimbursement
- Paid mobility incentives for using alternate forms of transportation
- Transparent leadership structure, including a path to partnership
- No time sheets!
Send resume and portfolio to David Carroll at email@example.com