Webber + Studio
Webber+Studio (W+S) is a medium-sized architecture, interiors, and planning firm, that is passionate about good design. Our work stems from our 4 Core Values of “Functional | Minimal | Regional | Expressive”. Take a look at our work at www.webberstudio.com. We foster a studio type environment, offering primarily full service contracts and as such our designers are all expected to work on projects from start to finish and through all phases of architecture. Studio employment assumes you are invested in growing in your role and responsibilities over time. Our studio works on a broad range of projects types, including high-end custom residential, mixed-use, multi-family, commercial, civic, and hospitality projects, and typically a staff member will focus on one of these areas. Our home office is in Austin, Texas. We work throughout the State of Texas, California and Costa Rica. W+S is looking for new team members to join our growing staff. We currently have open positions for Project Architects/Designers in our commercial studios with 6 to 10 years experience. More importantly, we are looking for the right person; a mature, well-rounded person who integrates well with our current team, whose skills fit this role and whose responsibilities can grow with our firm.
Our AIA job title is Architect Level I, Architect Level II, and Project Designer
- Experience: 6-10 years
- Credentials: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in architecture
- Licensure: Preferred. Project Designers will generally be eligible for licensure or pursuing eligibility
- Working with Managing Principals, Project Managers, and Design Staff on the development and presentation of preliminary architectural design concepts
- Refinement of design concepts into design development and construction level documents
- Coordination with engineering and other consultants
- Administrative project support with permitting, submittals, RFI’s and other construction phase services
- Further, for the right candidate, there are additional opportunities to assist with planning projects and their associated presentation efforts
- Supervisory Leadership – Project Designer staff will supervise, delegate work to and train Staff Designers; typically one Senior Staff Designer and one Staff Designer
- Workload – Minimum two assigned projects in phases Pre-Design through Construction Documentation plus projects that have phased into Bidding & Negotiation or Construction Contract Administration. Billable hours target is 33 hrs/wk with up to 7hrs for non-billable administrative work. 1220 Lavaca St.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, & PERSONALITY TRAITS
- A self-starter with good people, presentation, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to work and collaborate within a large team internally and with consultants
- Affinity for the development of design concepts instigated by others
- Demonstrable experience with the production of construction documents in BIM (Revit and AutoCAD)
- Knowledge and familiarity working with local building/life-safety codes, Zoning ordinances, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Project Architects/Designers report to Project Managers. Sr Project Designers are highly proficient within their pay grade and title and may be self-managing projects. Sr Project Designers can ascend to the Project Manager role when they can be billed at that rate
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Compensation will be competitive in the current market and pay range will consider licensure, additional education, performance, and tenure. Other factors include English/ Spanish bilingualism
- Bonuses: Annual, merit based
- Paid Time Off (PTO): We provide accruing holiday, vacation and personal/sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision: We offer an insurance package where we cover a percentage of the premium
- IRA: Optional IRA participation with matching benefits available
- Standard Office Hours 8:30am-6:30pm, Mon-Fri, Core Operational Hours: 9:30am-4:30pm
- Software – Preferred experience with Revit. We use BQE Core as our project management software
- The Austin office is an open floor plan. We provide stand up desk options, a kitchen with refrigerator and countertop oven, and parking
- Transportation and Workspace – Staff will need to be able to drive to client meetings and perform site visits. Mileage is reimbursed
- Physical Requirements – Periodic physical activities related to procuring materials and architectural samples, and to maintaining/organizing the office library and archive may be required. Employee should be able to perform these duties themselves or be able to make suitable arrangements for these duties to be performed
WANT TO WORK HERE?
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio (including examples of design work, renderings and construction drawings) to email@example.com. Let us know some basic information such as what town/state you live in currently, when you may be available to move, if there is a current job you would need to exit from and any other information to get a good understanding of your situation. Please keep your email attachments to 10MB or use a cloud-based transfer portal such as Dropbox or similar. In the subject line, please write “Project Architect/Designer MF/Comm Studio.” Because of our current heavy workload, please do not call our offices regarding this or other employment opportunities. Please provide your complete contact information (Phone, email and address).