Heimsath Architects is a well-established firm located in Austin. Our projects are often preservation focused, and our areas of expertise include houses of worship and related facilities, educational, governmental, and private sector projects.
We are looking for a Senior Architect/Project Manager for our preservation projects. This is a long-term, part time (project to project) position compensated on a contract basis. This position is well suited to someone who has other part time work elsewhere or their own private practice. The ideal candidate is well seasoned in preservation, but we will consider applicants who have a passion for preservation work and are interested in entering this specialized area of practice.
Traditionally, our projects have included historic restoration, rehabilitation, adaptive reuse, and compatible new design in historic contexts. We produce Conditions Assessment Reports, and assist with projects involving historic rehabilitation tax credits, and National Register Nominations. We engage owners in master planning and visioning for current and future needs.
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 5-10 years of architecture and preservation experience
- ArchiCad proficiency, 3-D modeling capability a plus
- Strong detailing capabilities
- Well-rounded experience though all phases of development, including construction administration
- Knowledge of building codes and Secretary of the Interior Guidelines
How to apply
Qualified applicants should respond to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send a resume and portfolio, along with a note explaining why this particular position would be a good fit for you.