McKinney York Architects
McKinney York Architects is a concept-driven design firm that believes in the power of people and places to enrich lives. Recipient of both the AIA Austin and Texas Society of Architects Firm Awards, our goal is to connect people to each other and the world around them by creating architecture that engages, inspires, and belongs.
For this position, McKinney York Architects is seeking a Marketing Manager with 10+ years of experience in the AEC industry to join our team of professionals. Candidates will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects/people, meet tight deadlines and take direction in a high-performance environment.
Working closely with our President, Partners and Project Managers, the Marketing Manager will participate in a variety of marketing and communication efforts including marketing department management, proposal coordination, business development, public relations, and marketing administration.
A successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with Principals to strategically pursue business development opportunities and maintain current client relationships. Oversee business development efforts including lead finding/tracking RFQs, researching potential markets/clients, teaming opportunities across all office locations and other BD opportunities.
- Positions Principals and Project Managers in all forms of presentation with content for project interviews and speaking engagements
- Collaborate with Principals and Project Managers on PR efforts such as writing magazine pitches, white papers, and press releases. This includes working with PR Consultant and reaching out to news outlets for additional placements.
- Collaborate with marketing coordinator to craft compelling proposal and presentation packages for delivery of quality, on-time, submittal of proposals and qualifications.
- Develop, write, and maintain all forms of project collateral, including process approach, design solutions, metrics, client testimonials, announcements and press and award coverage.
- Manages and produces firm-wide Brand Design practice area external communications, messaging, and digital presence to enhance industry awareness
- Establish and oversee annual marketing plan and budget. Develop and present weekly, monthly, and quarterly marketing reports.
- Manage social media activity (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and third party websites (Houzz, Archello).
- Supervise professional photography and videography documentation.
- Supervise organization and upkeep of marketing databases and oversee maintenance of marketing files.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a professional degree in Journalism, English, Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing or related field. Fluency in Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign, along with a strong writing background, is required for all candidates. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms is beneficial. In addition to technical proficiency, participation in industry/community groups is expected, and the candidate should be comfortable serving as an ambassador of the firm in the community.
All employees are equipped with laptops, webcams and video conferencing services to participate in project meetings, client meetings, weekly staff meetings, happy hours, training, and design critiques. We utilize technology to provide a highly-effective and well-connected work experience. The health and well-being of our staff is our highest priority.
McKinney York Architects offers a creative work environment with an opportunity to grow professionally. A competitive salary based on qualifications and experience will be offered along with health, vision, and dental benefits as well as generous and flexible PTO. Our office offers a 401(k) retirement savings and up to 4% company match and bonus opportunities. McKinney York Architects is an equal opportunity employer with offices in Austin and San Antonio.
Please submit your resume and representative work samples with the subject line “Marketing Manager” to email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your application, but only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted.