Marmon Mok Architecture
Marmon Mok Architecture, a leading Texas architectural practice, seeks a talented individual for our Austin architecture team. The preferred candidate will be an experienced construction administrator who is passionate about elevating people and communities through thoughtful, beautiful, and impactful buildings!
Experienced Construction Administrator, full-time
This position requires strong understanding of building systems, materials, construction methods, and construction administration, including AIA contracts and CA documentation.
- Represent Marmon Mok as the primary point of contact for construction administration related activities
- Work with the Architectural Project Manager to coordinate sub-consultant activities related to CA
- Conduct periodic on-site observation of construction progress and prepare field observation reports
- Review project submittals and respond to RFI’s
- Prepare change orders and ASI’s, PR’s, field reports, prepare red-lines, issue revisions
- Attend project meetings, prepare and submit meeting minutes
- Coordinate with the AE team to ensure project complies with contract documents
- Participate in in-house QAQC process for projects
- Experience with civic, municipal, healthcare, and commercial projects preferred
- 10 years or more preferred
- Strong understanding of construction methods and materials, scheduling, processing payment applications. Fundamental knowledge of building systems, building codes and regulations, construction costs and estimating, and the architect’s role in construction administration per the contract between the owner and architect and the owner and contractor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a construction-related field preferred, a professional degree in Architecture a plus
- An active architectural license in Texas, a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, assertive, organized, detail-oriented, and professional
- Strong interpersonal skills, must work collaboratively with other project members
- Excellent time management skills – cognizant of deadlines and sense of urgency
- Excellent project management skills, adherence to project schedules
- Fluency in Project Management software (Bluebeam preferred)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Willingness to work at and from construction sites
- Some regional travel required, willingness to drive personal vehicle to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed.
- Must be able to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces, must be able to safely climb ladders, and be able to wear personal protection equipment on job sites, possess ability to lift 25 lbs occasionally.
Marmon Mok is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Competitive salary and benefits package, plus a positive and empowering team-oriented culture.