Claycomb Associates Architects
The role of Project Manager is to actively manage multiple projects providing oversight at the various stages of pre-design, design, bid document preparation and construction administration. You will be working with clients, contractors, consulting engineers and Claycomb staff to provide client representation for the duration of a project. You will regularly attend School Board Meetings and Construction Meetings.
- Maintain a cheerful outlook to best relate to your clients and teammates
- Be the point person for coordination of multi-million-dollar projects
- Visit construction jobsites, client offices and school campuses
- Conduct design meetings with your clients and teammates as well as Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings and preconstruction meetings for building systems to set expectations
- Orchestrate verbal and graphic communication with the client and project team
- Prepare, distribute, and maintain various forms of documentation (drawings, specification, shop submittals, meeting minutes, schedules, budgets, and project updates)
- Observe and record field conditions and deviations from the contract documents by creating site visit reports and punch lists with photo documentation
- Coordinate clarifications to contractor questions based on site observations
- Prepare and present information to your clients
- Initiative-taking approach to collaboration and communication with your clients, team, and contractors
- Prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects including their deadlines
- Read and understand drawings, specifications, and critical path scheduling
- Work with industry standard software including REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office
- Technical knowledge of architectural systems
- General understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, industry standards, building construction materials/systems, and means and methods
- General understanding of civil, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and low voltage systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s or Bachelor of Architecture degree
- Registered Architect
- 8 to 10 years of experience working in an architectural office
- Basic working knowledge with the following software:
- Autodesk: AutoCAD and REVIT
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook
- Adobe: Acrobat and Photoshop
- Learn and utilize – Dropbox, file maker database entry, Zoom.
- Job site visits: Traverse through the interior, top and underneath of buildings being con, climb ladders, observe from elevated platforms and lifts and work outdoors
- Office work: Sit or stand during regular working hours
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Claycomb Associates Architects is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.